Friday, June 30, 2023

How to Void a Check

 

At my current place of employment, one of my co-workers recently asked our small group of technical writers whether anyone was working on a user guide that included instructions on how to void a check.

After having explained to the barely-walking toddler (my co-worker) what was being referred to by the antiquated term, "check," I proceeded to quickly write up a write-up of how to check off the task of sending a check off to the land of Sorry-I-Ever-Wrote-You.

No No Never Never Uh-Uh-Uh

  • Step One: Gain possession of the highly-formatted piece of paper designated as a check.
  • Step Two: Gaze at the check in disdain and disappointment.
  • Step Three: Acquire an ink-based writing implement.
  • Step Four: Manually apply pressure from your hand through the writing implement to create a trail of ink across the face of the check, spelling the word, "VOID."
  • Step Five: Expel the word "whatever" through barely-parted lips.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

And now you know why they pay me the big bucks.


No comments: