Friday, October 9, 2026

Arguable Advice from the Fab Four

 

With 213 songs to their credit, the Beatles were bound to stumble upon a few wise words here and there. "Let it be" and "Money can't buy me love" come easily to mind.

But let's remember that the Mop Tops were only human. Not everything that sprang from the grooves of their records can be considered "speaking words of wisdom." I offer, therefore, the following list of Beatlesque advice that might make you think twice.


  • Your loving give me a thrill, but your loving don't pay my bills. Now give me money. That's what I want.
  • Gather round, all you clowns. Let me hear you say, "Hey you've got to hide your love away."
  • Leave it all till somebody else lends you a hand.
  • Baby, you can drive my car, and maybe I'll love you.


[Baby Driving Car]

  • If the sun don't come, you get a tan from standing in the English rain.
  • Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
  • Happiness is a warm gun.
  • Let this be a sermon. I mean everything I've said. Baby, I'm determined, and I'd rather see you dead. You better run for your life if you can, little girl. Hide your head in the sand, little girl. Catch you with another man, that's the end, ah, little girl.
  • Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void. It is shining, it is shining.
  • Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
  • And it really doesn't matter. If I'm wrong, I'm right.
  • Roll up for the magical mystery tour! Step right this way!
  • Why don't we do it in the road?


No comments: