Friday, September 27, 2019

18 is 482, AOK?


Try not to be shocked at this, but Alice Cooper was lying when he recorded the 482nd-greatest song of all time, "I'm Eighteen".



Late-winter/early-spring of my 8th-grade year, when I was not yet 14, "I'm Eighteen" spent thirteen weeks on the charts.

It was a pretty rockin' way to express the late-teen angst of not being sure who you were and being, at that time, old enough to fight in a war but not old enough to vote.

Even though I wasn't eighteen, I still claimed my unalienable right to be filled with angst.

Angst a lot, America!


But here's the really amazing thing.

When I searched the World Wide Wackfest for Alice Cooper's birthdate, I found out that he was an American sculptor born April 8, 1875.

That's right, Alice Cooper sang "I'm Eighteen" when he was 96 years old.

Which makes him, at the time of this writing, exactly as old as he looks.


No comments: