Friday, December 1, 2023

Observed Absurdities™ 64 - Dairy Confusion at FastStop

 

In the 1950s, the laundry detergent brand Cheer advertised the enviable fact that it included a "blue-magic whitener". This led Allan "Camp Granada" Sherman to musically ask, "What does that blue magic whitener do? Does it make blue things white, or make white things blue?"

I was reminded of that moment in advertising and pop music history when I saw the following sign on the freezer door at my local FastStop convenience store/gas station/tobacco emporium:

Butter Ice Cream?

Is this butter-flavored ice cream or ice-cream-flavored butter?

And the second item in the What's Wrong With This Picture category is the apparent pair of options I get to choose from concerning the price of this dairy delight.


Dear FastStop:

Perhaps you should consider hiring me as a proofreader instead of a cashier.

Dewey "IB4E" Roth


No comments: