Friday, April 1, 2022

This Is All There Is, There Ain't No More

 

Updated update: Now the truth can be told.

With so little left in the world to laugh about, I have found it increasingly difficult to come up with worthy additions to this blog's long and storied history.

It all started on December 24, 2007. When the first post was posted here, it was mostly an attempt to establish a Web presence for the title of my then-soon-to-be-self-published book, ALMOST THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUTH MINISTRY: Salesmen, Secretaries, and Smart Alecks.

There was enough of an initial response to encourage me to keep going. Little did those fools know that I would pull an Energizer Bunny on them and just... keep... going!

Over 14 years later, though, and it's time to say so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

This outlet has never "gone viral," gotten popular, or gained much traction at all. The click-bait-titled "Pictures Inappropriate for History Books!" has proven to be the most popular post ever posted, but it didn't result in very many new subscribers.

Let's just say that I'm grateful for the handful of faithful readers, but I've come to the realization that I'm expending far too much energy for far too little return. Almost the Truth Publishing's purpose statement, "If laughter is the best medicine, ALMOST THE TRUTH™ exists to heal the world," is all well and good, but I'm just too tired to keep trying.

So get out there and create your own happiness and humor. Laughter is where you find it and, similar to beauty, in the slightly-twisted mind of the beholder.




6 comments:

Kari said...

As a faithful reader, I want you to know I've really enjoyed your writings over the years. I'm sad to see it go.

Micah and Lauren said...

At first I thought this was an April Fool's joke (part of me still does 🤞🏻😁) but either way, we've loved your posts and will look back at them with fondness and joy!

Dewey said...

Well...having received such a torrent of responses, both here and on the Almost the Truth™ Publishing Facebook page, I'm tempted to make this post come true.

But yeah...it was an April Fool's joke. Sigh...

Micah and Lauren said...

"insert GIF of minions from Despicable Me celebrating that posts will continue!!!!" 🎉

Dewey said...

(blush)

Tmg said...

That's a mean joke. Keep it coming, please.