Friday, April 22, 2022

Hey, How's Come...


...people walk up to my cash register at FastStop, place the items they have carefully selected from throughout the store on the counter, make sure I didn't miss scanning anything, and then act surprised when they need to get money or a debit card out?


...the person who answers the phone at customer service always has to ask somebody else how to solve your problem? Why don't they just get that other person to answer the phone?

...people complain to the cashier about the price of gas as if the poor slob behind the counter has anything to do with the cost of anything?

...young women consider themselves social media influencers by wearing skimpy bathing suits and shaking their buttocks at a camera? Is this considered a marketable talent?

...after I buy something online, 87% of the ads that show up on the web pages I visit are for that very thing? Why are the advertisers wasting their money showing me ads for something they KNOW I just bought? (And yes, I know they know. I mean, if they know I was thinking about talking to Beloved about possibly looking at pictures of a product next month, then they know when I actually purchase something.)


No comments: