Friday, December 23, 2022

The Newly Holidayized Hits of the 1970s

 

There's just enough time left in the Christmas season to turn some of the biggest hits of the 1970s into seasonal songs of glad tidings.



Reindeer Keep Flyin' Overhead  -  "...and just like the elf whose feet are too big for his bed..."

Bridge Over Troubled Waiter  -  A song of comfort for waitstaff stressed out by all the corporate holiday parties

The Long and Winding Lights  -  "...that are tangled 'round my tree, will never all be lit, they just don't work for me, no"

Fire and Rein  -  The only two things that seem to have an effect on Rudolph's behavior

You Light Up My Tree  -  "...with lights red and green"

Joy to the World  -  "Jeremiah was a reindeer. Was a good friend to all. I never understood a single word he said as he took me to the mall."

How Can You Mend a Broken Toy  -  A lament by the Bee Gees

Thank God I'm a Drummer Boy  -  "When the work's all done and the sun sets low, I pull out my sticks and I really let it go"

Midnight Camel to Bethlehem  -  One of the wise men had a girlfriend he left behind. This is her song.

Cat's in the Manger  -  "And the cat's in the manger with no silver spoon; the little boy king's gonna grow up soon"


No comments: