Friday, November 25, 2022

It...That...Who Cares?: The 431st Greatest Song of All Time

 

Have you ever heard of a song having an identity problem?

Well I have, and its the first big crossover hit by Fats Domino, "Ain't It a Shame."


Right away, I'm pretty sure you're thinking I've made a mistake with that title. I'm pretty sure that you're pretty sure the song is actually "Ain't THAT a Shame."

And who could blame you, what with words like this:

You made me cry
when you said, "goodbye"
Ain't that a shame?
My tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame?
You're the one to blame.

According to azlyrics.com and the ears of anyone who has ever listened to Mr. Domino's record, those are the actual words.

However...

The actual title is "Ain't It a Shame."

IT??!?

The word it doesn't appear in the song.

Ever.

At all.

However...

The actual title is "Ain't It a Shame."

I guess if the song says its title includes it instead of that, then that will just have to do.

I mean...it will have to do.

And that's that.


No comments: