Friday, November 18, 2022

Toilet Troubles

 

Over the summer months, Beloved and I took a few quick trips out of state. We had wonderful visits with family and friends.

However...

I encountered a couple public restrooms with signage that could easily qualify as Observed Absurdities™.

Behold:



I know this looks like a simple case of wanting to protect plumbing and keep the janitorial staff happy. What you can't know by just looking at this sign is that it was posted in an outhouse...a permanent pit toilet...a non-flushable hole in the ground with a seat. My first thought when I saw this was that "extremely difficult" doesn't really speak to the heart of the matter. How about "extremely disgusting" or "gross to the nth degree"?



Talk about restricted access! I'm pretty sure I've NEVER seen a disabled, elderly, pregnant child. 


No comments: