Friday, July 15, 2022

You're Not Being Paranoid If They're Actually Watching You

 

One of the side effects of getting to be a certain age in the midst of a pandemic is an increase in one's meals being of the carry out variety. Disposable cash and lack of cooking initiative form kind of a perfect duo to make driving to a restaurant only to pick up your order and take it home a decidedly-less-than-rare occurrence.

I had kind of a creepy experience the other day while waiting for our Chicken Fajitas and Pollo con Chorizo.

Actual photo of the location in question

There I stood in the area usually used by patrons waiting to be seated and the hairs on the back of my neck started calling attention to themselves. I had a distinct feeling that I was being watched.

And then I saw it.


"Watched" doesn't cover it. "Stared At" is more like it.

Perhaps even "Ogled."


No comments: