Friday, July 1, 2022

How This Got to Be the 438th Greatest Song of All Time, I Will Never Know

 

The best thing I can say about The Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog" is that it's less than three minutes long.


Forget that it has a single line of what pretends to be a melody that is repeated for every phrase.

Forget the words "now I wanna be your dog" that comprise 37.5% of the lyric.

What I'm really curious about are the first seven words of this trainwreck: "So messed up I want you here."

Does the singer want the person here to help him resolve his high level of being messed up? (I want you here because I'm so messed up.)

Or is the singer's desire for the presence of this person a strong indication of just how truly messed up he is? (I'm so messed up...I want you here. That's how stinkin' messed up I am!)


No comments: