Friday, July 22, 2022

The Greatest Jingle?

 

"Love Me Tender" is the theme song from Elvis' first movie.


It also happens to be, according to Rolling Stone, the 437th greatest song of all time.

But that's not all!

It also marks the first time Elvis sang in his soft voice, accompanied only by an acoustic guitar.

And oh yeah... it copies the melody of the Civil War-era ballad, "Aura Lee." (Yet somehow escapes the legal battles that were unleashed against George Harrison for "My Sweet Lord" and its far-more-subtle similarities to "He's So Fine.")

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Hey, as long as we're stealing melody lines, why not use it to advertise a dating app?

Love me Tinder
Love me sweet
Swipe me to the right
You have made this app so neat
It fills each lonely night

Love me Tinder
Love me true
Don't filter your profile shot
For my darling, I'll bust you
If you're just a 'bot


No comments: