Friday, June 11, 2021

It's Not the Heat, It's the Humans

 

It has certainly been ungeographically hot for a while now.

I made up the term "ungeographically" to replace the more-normal word that would go in that sentence: "unseasonably".

Because the thing is, this stretch of highs in the 90-degree range fits right in with it being June...if I lived in a desert!

I'm in Minnesnowda for farnsworth's sake! People around here are used to needing to chip open the frozen mailbox as late as the 20th of May. Needing to run air conditioning other than during the two weeks of the State Fair in late August is unheard of.

However...

I refuse to actually complain. I don't want to be like the string of customers that drag themselves through FastStop's doors whining about how cold it is in February and March and then ALSO groaning and moaning about any heat that happens to make it up from the Gulf of Mexico during July.

Backyard BBQ


And then there's those that actually prefer the cold: "I can always put on another sweater, but once I reach naked, I'm stuck."

There's a term for those who like the bitter cold of winter in the Great White North: weirdo.

"Look! I can throw boiling water into the air and it instantly turns into a cloud of ice crystals! Isn't it wonderful?"

Yeah, just as wonderful as how when I open my eyes, they instantly turn into frozen marbles.

♪♫ Dying in a winter wonderland ♫♪


1 comment:

Micah and Lauren said...

haha! I love it! I'm definitely one of those weirdos 😂