Friday, February 5, 2021

Giving Prince the Kiss-Off: 461st Greatest Song of All Time

 

Prince's "Kiss" is another one of those songs on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest songs of all time that I had never heard before.

Don't hate me because I've got discriminating taste.

Okay, okay...I take it back. I went to YouTube and watched the official video and looked up the official lyrics and became officially familiar with it enough to say that it's easy enough to dance to, in spite of Prince's thin falsetto performance and equally-thin gee-I-wanna-be-Little-Richard mustache.


I will admit to appreciating a particular line from the otherwise blah-blah-blah lyric. I'm not sure why it never became a bumper sticker or t-shirt phenomenon:

"You don't have to watch Dynasty to have an attitude."

Now that's just wisdom for the ages, right there.


No comments: