Friday, December 13, 2019

Simply Having a Beatlesesque Christmastime, Part Won


It seems there's no end to the supply of "previously-unreleased material" by The Fab Four. The latest collection making its way out of George Martin's vault includes these festive versions of some of their most-beloved tunes...

A Day in the North Pole  -  I read the thermometer today, oh boy; about too low to measure in Centigrade.

A Hard Day's Flight  -  It's been a hard day's flight; I flew with Santa around the world. It's been a hard day's flight; giving presents to boys and girls.


All You Need Is Tinsel  -  There's nothing you can buy that can't be crated. Nowhere you can live undecorated.

Being for the Benefit of Planet Earth  -  For the benefit of Planet Earth, we celebrate the Christ-child's birth in Bethlehem.

Can't Buy Me Anything on the 24th  -  Buy you the latest thing, my friend, but not on Christmas Eve.

Carry That Tree  -  Boy, you're gonna carry that tree; carry that tree up three flights.

Drive My Sleigh  -  Rudolph, you can drive my sleigh. I only need it for one day.

Eight Days of Deals  -  Ooh, I need the car, babe, to get down to the mall. They've dropped the prices far, babe, I need to buy it all.

Fool on the Roof  -  Day after day, running more cords, the man with the plastic reindeer nailed to misshapen boards.

Give Back  -  Jojo got a gift that didn't really fit him, so he returned it to the store.

No comments: