Friday, October 21, 2022

#DepluralizeAFilm

 

I just saw the titular hashtag on Facebook and thought, "THERE'S a blog post for me to work on!"

Now...part of my personal turmoil is that, along with seeing the hashtag, I saw two answers, one of which I'm pretty sure I will not be able to come close to matching in cleverness. Methinks I'll save it for the end, so read on, MacDuff!

First off, the initial example from the aforementioned sighting: Jaw.

Now let's see what my own parallel thinking can come up with:

  • The One Commandment
  • Snow White and the Dwarf (Somehow, decreasing from seven to one makes this sound racier.)
  • One Dalmatian
  • Cheaper by the Single-Pack
  • The Bad News Bear ("This just in, honey production reaches an all-time low. Oh bother!")


  • One League Under the Sea
  • Butch Cassidy All By Himself
  • The Lord of the Ring: The One Tower
  • One of the President's Men
  • The First Sense ("I see a live person.") 

And finally, the winner from the initial Facebook post, showing a mastery of the English language and the esoteric knowledge of what a flock of crows is called:

A Crow on the Orient Express

Brilliant! 


No comments: