Friday, August 6, 2021

When I'm Sixty-FoYIKES!

 

How the farnsworth did this ever happen?!!?

I was strolling along, minding my own beeswax, content in the knowledge that Jesus loves the little children of the world. Not a care had I. No, not one.

Then suddenly, the morning after taking Abby Dormire home from our Junior Prom, it was the 64th anniversary of my birth. (Actually, this past Monday.)


  • Where did this wife and four children come from?
  • How is it possible that I have five grandchildren and one more about to make her appearance?
  • When did my lower back start waging war on the rest of my body?
  • How come there is a worn path in the carpet between my side of the bed and the bathroom?
  • Ummm...
  • What was I talking about?


Paul McCartney wasn't even 20 when he wrote "When I'm Sixty-Four" and now he's 79.

I'm not sure why that sets me back on my heels the way it does...but it does.





No comments: