Friday, February 14, 2020

Paul Rick James McCartney


"I wanna make Paul McCartney white-boy money!"

So declared Rick James at about the same time the 477th greatest song of all time was released: "Super Freak".

And wow...the song-writing similarities are super freaky.


James: "She's a very kinky girl; the kind you don't take home to mother."
McCartney: "She came in through the bathroom window."

James: "She will never let your spirits down."
McCartney: "Baby's in black and I'm feelin' blue."

James: "She likes the boys in the band. She says that I'm her favorite."
McCartney: "Catch you with another man, that's the end, little girl."

James: "When I make my move to her room, it's the right time. She's never hard to please."
McCartney: "When I'm home, everything seems to be right...right, yeah!"

James: "She's a super freak, super freak, she's super-freaky."
McCartney: "A pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray."

Jaw-droppingly amazing, right?


No comments: