Friday, March 9, 2018

The Fattest Hits of the 1950s


It's only appropriate for a decade that gave us Fats Domino to also be the source of some of the fattest songs ever recorded.

Peggy Stew  -  "I love you, Peggy Stew; your beef broth is rare and true"

Whole Lot of Milkshakes Goin' On  -  Sung by Jerry "Sarah" Lee Lewis

All I Have to Do Is DreamWhip  -  "When I want you on my pie, when my apple crisp is kinda dry, whenever I want to, all I have to do is DreeeeeeamWhip"

Smoke Gets In Your Baby Back Ribs  -  "They...asked me how I knew...how to barbecue..."

The Great Pretenderizer  -  No joke, this is sung by The Platters

Eat Up, Little Susie  -  The Everly Brothers channel a Jewish mother

Blueberry Pie Hill  -  "I found my thrill..."

The Batter of New Orleans  -  Jimmy Horton sings about Long John Silver's secret recipe

Love Me Tender  -  "Love me tender, love me rare, love me grilled or fried"

Sixteen Tons  -  "I weigh sixteen tons, and brother, you bet; a trip to the grocer just leaves me in debt"

(Let Me Be Your) Gummi Bear  -  A big hit for Elvis Pretzley

Mack the Butter Knife  -  "Oh the shark fin soup...isn't sweet, dear...but the dinner roll...is soft and hot"

Rock Around the Buffet  -  "When the clock strikes one, we'll walk right in, and fill our plates again and again"


No comments: