Friday, March 16, 2018

Observed Absurdities™ 37 - Mmm-Ch-Ch Church Musick


First, you need to know that my current LeadPastorPreacherGuy, DeeBee McWordNerd, has a son who used to play lead guitar in a Christian rock band that used to be wildly popular: Audio Adrenaline. #TrueTruth

Second, it's important for you to know that, since the demise of Audio Adrenaline, the aforementioned LeadGuitaristSon (LGS) has been busy doing studio work, touring, and making television appearances with several different musical artists, both faith-based and not-so-faith-based.

Third, sometimes, when LGS is home for a while in the Twin Cities, he gets hired to play in the worship band of a couple of the larger churches.

Now...I said all that so I can make this observation...

Sometimes the worship leaders of big churches think they're a little bigger than they really are.

And DeeBee McWordNerd has given me a couple examples involving LGS that not only prove my point, but make me chuckle.

Example 1:

During worship rehearsal, the church's video guy pulled LGS aside and asked if he could take off the jacket he was wearing: "The fabric really doesn't work well on camera."

I don't think LGS actually SAID anything, but he at least thought to himself, "That's funny, because it worked fine when I wore it on The Tonight Show the other day."



Example 2:

Worship Leader to LGS: I like what you're doing, but do you think you could play it a little more like what's on the record?

LGS to Worship Leader: This is exactly what I played on the record.


No comments: