Thursday, January 17, 2008

Send out the clowns


According to Michael Holden of Reuters News, Bozo may be looking for a new gig soon. University of Sheffield (England) researchers took a poll of youngsters and teenagers and found that “clowns are universally disliked by children. Some found them quite frightening.” Apparently, even the older participants found clowns scary.

So what’s to be done? Can you imagine Winkie the Clown in career counseling?


What would you say are your strengths?
       Well, my aim with a seltzer bottle is pretty good.


Yes…and…of what use in the real world do you think that would be?
       Maybe I could open a car detailing shop.


Okay, I suppose that’s a possibility. What kind of experience in business management do you have?       I’ve managed to get 17 adults into a tiny car…and only one of them was a midget.


I believe the term is “little person.”
       Oh please. Political correctness really honks me off.


Speaking of honking, do you think it would be possible for you to stop squeezing that horn every time you answer a question?
       You need to lighten up. Wanna smell my flower?




No comments: