Friday, May 17, 2024

Blooming Idiots: The 407th Greatest Song of All Time

 

Writing these pieces on the songs that Rolling Stone called "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time" has been very educational.

Take today's topic, for instance, the 1991 song, "In Bloom," which repeats the words:

He's the one who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun
But he don't know what it means
Don't know what it means, and I say, "Yeah"

I know, I know...some of you are asking, "What's so all-fire educational about THAT?!!?"

Well...

By watching the music video for this song and reading the rest of the lyrics, I learned something very important and encouraging:

Absenting myself from the popular music of the 1990s was one of the wisest moves I've ever made.






No comments: