Friday, February 23, 2024

The Birth of MY Blues: The 411th Greatest Song of All Time

 

I know I've whined before about how I don't think a particular song belongs on Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Greatest Songs of All Time," but seriously...

I Feel Love, by Donna Summer, is an experiment in totally computerized (Moog synthesized) instrumentation with a thin veneer of smooth vocals consisting of the repetition of seven short phrases and the word, "ooh".



  • Ooh
  • It's so good
  • Heaven knows
  • I feel love
  • Fallin' free
  • You and me
  • I'll get you
  • What you do
  • Ooh
  • I feel love, I feel love, I feel love

The word on the street is that this song broke open a new territory of sound and ushered in electronic dance music.

Just one more reason for me to not like it.

Ooh, I feel sick, I feel sick, I feel sick...


No comments: