Friday, April 14, 2023

If the Monkees Were Crime Fighters

 

Admittedly, it doesn't take much for my mind to go flying off on a tangent.

Case in point, this picture and the notion that Mike, Mickey, Davey, and Peter decided to write songs about their cooperative relationship with Batman and Commissioner Gordon.

Batman & Robin & The Monkees

Hey Hey You're Arrested: Here we come, patrollin' on your street. We get full confessions from everyone we meet.

Last Train to Sing Sing: Take the last train to Sing Sing, you'll be serving ten to twenty.

I'm a Detective: I thought crime was only done in alleyways. Then, to someone else but not to me.

(I'm Not Your) Alibi: You tried to say you spent the night inside my house. But everybody knows that you are not my spouse. I won't speak up for you; I'm quiet as a mouse. The jury's findin' out your just a lying louse!

Crime Scene Believer: You once thought of me as a doughnut-eating geek; now you know how clever I can be. Cause I find prints in thin air and some DNA to spare. How many clues do we really need?

Pleasant Precinct Sunday: The local rock group gets hauled in for making music that's too loud. And Mr. Green, he makes the scene to get a permit for the crowd.



No comments: