Friday, February 3, 2023

How Sick WAS That Pig?

 

One of my duties at FastStop, the gas station/convenience store/tobacco emporium I spend 14 hours a week at, is to stock the shelves with food items.

And when I say "food items," I am referring to things that corporate headquarters actually expect human beings to place in their mouths and swallow, whether for sustenance or pleasure.

One of those food items I frequently place on our store's shelves is dead pig meat.


Well, the marketing department at Oscar Mayer has devised a more-pleasant moniker and has labeled it ham.

The thing that concerns me is the required adjective in front of that term. Apparently, the pig this meat came from had some kind of disease that the finest vets in the nation could not conquer.

And I'm expected to eat this stuff?


No comments: