Friday, September 16, 2022

Maybe a Gift Horse's Mouth SHOULD Be Looked Into

 

Imagine my rush of excitement when I saw the word "Free" in the "Price" field of a listing on Facebook Marketplace. And I'm not talking about free firewood or free kittens or please-help-me-get-rid-of-all-these-zucchini. I'm talking about a pretty fine-looking 1968 Ford Galaxy!

Actual Ad

And then I read the Seller's Description:

Looking to trade.  -  Apparently, the seller doesn't understand the meaning of the word "free". If I'm expected to trade something for your car, then you are not giving your car away for free, now are you?

Frame has been repaired. New steering gear box.  -  What part of "Clean title. This vehicle has no significant damage" implies that the frame has needed to be repaired or a new steering gearbox has needed to be installed?

Pumps are good but sheared [off] a bolt...will need to be replaced for it to work properly.  -  And yet there is "no significant damage"?

And here's the cherry on top...

Unsure of mileage; motor and tranny out of a '73 Torino.  -  So when you said "Driven 12,345 miles," you meant that's how far you've personally driven it since putting in a 49-year-old engine and transmission from a completely different car??!?

Let the buyer beware, indeed.



No comments: