Friday, August 19, 2022

Right Now

 

I am currently--

Well, not concurrent with the time you are reading this, because it will get posted several weeks after I'm done writing it.

Or rather, it got posted several weeks after I was done writing it. (He said, speaking in past tense about something that hasn't happened yet.)

And just because I'll be publishing this  -  ahem  -  just because this got published at 5:07 Central on the morning of August 19, 2022, doesn't mean that's when you'll be reading it. Augh! Doesn't mean that's when you are reading it.

Right now.

At this moment in time when your eyes are sending electronic signals to your brain which get interpreted into shapes that represent sounds that are strung together in specific ways that your brain recognizes as words, which are symbols representing things and concepts and actions.

Whew.

Now, what was I saying? Or should it be what am I saying? Or what will I be saying?

Oh bother...



No comments: