Friday, December 11, 2015

Observed Absurdities™ 22 - Inaction Figure


I just may have intimated before in this space that, perhaps, I might have slightly mixed feelings about my part-time job at JesusInc. Selling books that claim to be Christian when they're merely benign isn't my idea of "providing spiritual resources to help transform lives."

My latest bit-o-wincing came when I saw this display in the Kids' section of our store:



Just to make sure you are correctly interpreting what you are seeing in this picture, let me spell it out for you. That is a four-inch long piece of soft plastic shaped like Larry the Cucumber from VeggieTales in his LarryBoy superhero outfit.

It has no other costumes...not even sold separately.

It has no moving parts.

It makes no noise.

It doesn't even squeak when you squeeze it.

It's an action figure with no action.

And not much of a figure, now that I think about it.

Happy Holidaze...

No comments: