1. I love--and earnestly miss--Skyline Chili.
2. I play guitar just well enough to make people want to drown it out by singing loudly.
3. I have moved to a different place of residence 14 times.
4. My first acting gig was in a third grade production of "Sleeping Beauty." I rode a broomstick horse around the gym and took a pin out of the princess' finger...kissing was too gross to contemplate.
5. I no longer think kissing is gross.
6. I am hopelessly devoted to my b.e.a.yootiful wife, who I call "Beloved."
7. Lions are inspiring...the female makes the kill and the male gets to eat...cool!
8. I first fell in love with lions while reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," where the lion, Aslan, ably represents Jesus.
9. My around-the-house skills are abysmal.
10. I dribbled salsa on my shirt AND pants at lunch today.
11. It's pretty hard to embarrass me, and yet I blush easily whenever my manager second-guesses something I've done. Basic insecurity?
12. Jesus is the rock and He rolls my blues away.
13. I like the way I look with a shaved head, but Beloved isn't all that fond of it, so I only shave my head when needed for an acting gig.
14. I've published a book, Almost the Truth About Youth Ministry: Salesmen, Secretaries, and Smart Alecks, and I shamelessly promote it when I can...hint, hint: http://www.lulu.com/content/1236345 or amazon.com.
15. Sometimes I tear up when I think about how my four kids are so cool and always have a good time when they're together, which is far too seldom anymore.
16. My dad's name is Clarence E. Roth, but the "E" doesn't stand for anything.
17. I've been to Panama on mission trips three times, and Mexico twice.
18. I like playing bongos and other hand percussion instruments during worship better than playing guitar and singing.
19. My first paying gig as an actor was for the 1999 Dakota County Chautauqua, commemorating the 150th birthday of Dakota County, Minnesota. That was the first of 7 summers spent preparing and performing the DCC...and now this summer is the 6th year of the revival of said Dakota Chautauqua. (For more info, CLICK HERE.)
20. I laugh easily...too easily in some people's opinion, I'm sure...some people need to lighten up.
21. My middle name is Alvin, which was almost going to be my dad's name. I wonder if he's really glad they named him Clarence instead?
22. The invention of blue jeans is proof that God wants us to wear pants.
23. Papa Murphy's all-meat pizza is the reason why pizza was delivered unto mankind.
24. I started getting bald when I was still in college.
25. I'm so desperate for material to post that I stole this list from a Facebook note I wrote eight years ago.