Friday, June 26, 2015

Canine Envy


I took MarcoSansPolo (MSP), the small, canine-like creature that shares our living space, to a large-box pet-needs store in order to save a little money on vaccinations for the little goober.

Savings were enjoyed, and the whole excursion went without incident, other than worrying about whether the Great Dane behind us in line was drooling as part of its normal dental hygiene or in anticipation of having MSP as a morning snack...or ME as a morning snack...or both of us.



While waiting to be called to a kiosk - where we would be allowed the privilege of getting in line in order to wait for the actual collection of shots and minor swear words that constitute a vaccination - MSP and I were browsing through the large-box pet-needs store and enjoying the brightly-colored displays of squeaky toys, rawhide bones, and various unidentifiable pig parts.

Then I saw it.

There was a display dedicated to tasty treats suitable for bribing a dog to sit, roll over, and/or play poker. I could hardly believe the variety of flavors being offered:

  • Chicken & Brown Rice
  • Beef & Potato
  • Lamb & Apples
  • Beef Meatballs
  • Chicken Sausages
  • Salmon & Potato
  • Blueberry & Yogurt


And no...I did not make up any of those.

What with all the news about Bruce Jenner now being Caitlyn, I'm wondering how many headlines I'd be in if I decided to become trans-species. I'd be willing to fetch a few thrown sticks in return for mesquite-smoked bison jerky. 

No comments: