Friday, June 7, 2013

Old News Is Gold News


Right off the bat, let me just state that this post is not my fault. The Minneapolis Star Tribune started it by publishing the following as a headline: "Payouts May Be Near in Suits Against De Beers."

What else could I do, my mind "working" the way it does, but to consider how the poet who wrote that headline may have treated notable news items from the past?



  • Surprise Hebrew Escape Plan: Red Sea Becomes Dry Land
  • Caesar Left in Dark; Cleo Chooses Marc
  • Babylon Breaches Walls; Jerusalem Falls
  • Lincoln Takes Lead in the Head
  • North Atlantic Panic: Sinking of the Titanic
  • Lovely Night in June for a Walk on the Moon
  • Private Info Taken in Watergate Break-in
And my personal favorite...

  • Early Headline Screwy; Truman Beats Dewey

 

No comments: