- The 1896 Old Farmer's Almanac gave instructions for kissing. Tip #1: "Take good aim."
- On average, it takes 157 seconds to traverse a McDonald's drive-through.
- Singer Sheryl Crow's two top front teeth are fake.
- The average boat owner will spend 20 days on his or her boat this year.
- It can take five years for an oyster to make a pearl.
- The odds are 1 out of 3 that you've nearly fallen asleep at work in the past month.
- Actor Dan Aykroyd has webbed toes.
- The average American spends $100 more per year on footwear than on vegetables.
- Buckwheat is not related to wheat. (No word on its connection to buck)
- During the 1930's, speed typing was a popular competitive sport.
- A third of the world's population has no access to electricity.
- During the 5-year run of TV's The Brady Bunch, the word "sex" was spoken only twice.
- First ocean liner with a swimming pool: The Titanic
Friday, April 5, 2013
It's amazing what a feller can learn while sitting on the porcelain throne (Thank you, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader):