Friday, September 21, 2012

Almost the Truthlets, the First


At the alarming rate of "every so often", on the Almost the TruthTM Publishing FaceBook page, which you can find by clicking here, I post small snippets of almost-truth as "status updates". To fill you in on what you may have been missing, and encourage you to go to the aforementioned Almost the TruthTM Publishing FaceBook page and "Like" it, I herewith provide for you a compendium of said postings.

Please hold your applause until the end.



  • 2 + 2 = 3.87
  • Four score and six years ago...
  • One brick shy of a Happy Meal
  • Away out west they got a name for wind and rain and fire: the rain is Wet, the fire Glows, and they call the wind...um...Wind.
  • A fool and his money...yeah, that about covers it for me...except for the money part.
  • When the moon hits a guy, but he doesn't die...that's amazing.
  • Oscar speech: I'd like to thank all the little people who mindlessly devour the drivel Hollywood produces.
  • A bird in the hand is not such a great idea...
  • Don't look a gift horse in the...never mind.
  • Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your rebate in Menard's.
  • What doesn't kill you makes you weaker and more vulnerable to the next attack.
  • "I am," I said, to no one there. And no one heard at all—well, duh.
  • Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes the reason is because you're stupid and make bad decisions.
  • Hello, Kettle? This is Pot. You're black.
  • Betcha can't imagine the following without at least grinning: Kangaroos on a trampoline.
  • C'mon...you can do it! It's not rocket surgery.
  • If you can't beat 'em, mercilessly make fun of 'em.
  • Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me Mister Tibbs!
  • The early bird gets the worm...not that that's much of an incentive to be early.
  • If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will retire and live on a great pension.
  • Who put the “bop” in the “I’m gonna bop you one”?

No comments: