Friday, May 4, 2012

How Deep Is Your Earworm?


Here's three months' worth of those persistent, insistent irritants that pound through my head first thing in the morning.

FEBRUARY
3 – Turn (Larry Norman) If ANYONE among my faithful readers (or faithless readers for that matter…no need to be exclusive on this) has ever heard this song before: 1) I will be shocked, amazed, stunned, and generally apoplectic; and 2) I think I just found a new Friend For Life.
4 – Turn (Larry Norman) Okay…this is quite enough. Maybe if I inflict you readers with it, I won’t have to deal with it anymore: http://youtu.be/v4qMsy2ldhI. [Found this video on the 8th...wonder what the 9th’s earworm will be…)
7 – Greater Than Grace (Point of Grace)…though I was actually hearing Beloved’s cover version (http://www.restinhimministry.com)
8 – Oh How He Loves Us (David Crowder Band) I’m really glad this was just an auditory adventure and did not include the visual from the YouTube video (http://youtu.be/TCunuL58odQ). To say the least, Mr. Crowder is not my nominee for Sexiest Man of the Year.
9 – Surprise! No earworm this morning!
14 – Get a Job (The Silhouettes) Sha-na-na-na, sha-na-na-na-na…
15 – Funkytown/Time Won’t Let Me (Lipps Inc./The Outsiders) A mental mash-up that answers its own question: “Won’t you take me to Funkytown? Time won’t let me, oh no…”
17 – Whenever I Call You Friend (Kenny Loggins & Stevie Nicks)
23 – Anything Goes (from the musical of the same name, though many may remember it from the opening scene of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
24 – If I Can’t Have You (Yvonne Elliman)
28 – Made to Love (Toby Mac)

MARCH
7 – When We All Get to Heaven
9 – Where Do the Children Play?/Lady (Cat Stevens/Little River Band) It always surprises me when the Earworm Fairy drops a mash-up into my brain.
15 – Babe (Styx)
16 – My Hair Goes… (Rhett & Link) These guys are the Kings of YouTube. Go there. Search for them. Be thou amused.
18 – How Deep Is Your Love? (Bee Gees)
19 – How Deep Is Your Love? (Bee Gees)
20 – How Deep Is Your Love? (Bee Gees) Yeah…pretty annoying.
23 – Escape (The Pina Colada Song – Rupert Holmes)
28 – Hurt So Good (John Mellencamp)
30 – My Hair Goes… (My brain seems to be on its own feedback loop. And this isn’t even a song as much as it’s a comedy bit. Here, judge for yourself, and take it away from me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46H_lm3OLBE&feature=g-all-u&context=G299965aFAAAAAHgAGAA)

APRIL
3 – Take Time To Be Holy (Hymn)
4 – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & Kiki Dee) Truly insidious
5 – We’re An American Band (Grand Funk Railroad) There…that’s more like it.
16 – Dancing in the Street (Martha and the Vandellas…although I was actually hearing The Mamas & the Papas and also have fond memories of a David Bowie/Mick Jagger rendition) Perhaps the reason I had this particular song spinning this morning is that I finally finished my taxes.
18 – Happy Together (Turtles)

No comments: