Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?


Speaking of earworms -- and we were, as of the latest post: "I got the music in me" of 5/12/08 -- this morning was the second day in a row I woke up with Harry Nilsson's "Driving Along" driving through my brain.

I suppose that's not such a noteworthy event -- other than whining about the sheer monotony of it all -- except that this morning's excursion into mental diversion quickly became a two-song medley of "Driving Along" and a song by the Lost Dogs, "Up in the Morning."



I suppose that's not such a noteworthy event -- the two songs share a similar musical feel and even some lyrical content -- except that it got me to wondering: Is there anyone else on Planet Earth who could even be susceptible to this particular pairing pounding persistently in his or her head? Is there anyone other than Yours Truly who is even aware of the existence of two non-radio tunes from Nilsson Schmilsson and The Green Room Serenade, Part One? Does anyone else have my background in 70's pop and 90's contemporary Christian? Do I share musical tastes and influences with any other individual in the Known Universe?

Am I totally unique? Of course, some would put it pessimistically: Am I absolutely weird?

All of a sudden, I'm not sure I want to know the answer.

No comments: