Monday, December 24, 2007

Welcome aboard and heave ho

Considering the semi-verifiable fact that I didn't get ColecoVision until Nintendo 64 came out, jumping into the blogosphere at this point is practically cutting-edge for me. Let's just say that I've never been accused of being an early-adopter.

"So why now, Dewey?"

Glad you asked. It's a fair question, seeing as how I've been blogging at my myspace page (www.myspace.com/deweyroth) for a bit. I mean, I've already got an outlet for my brand of rambling that hardly anybody actually reads...why add another one? The answer is that I'm standing at the cusp of releasing a book (Almost the Truth About Youth Ministry: Salesmen, Secretaries and Smart Alecks) and wanted to create a web presence for the phrase that titles this blog: Almost the Truth.

So that's it. It's a selfish, greedy, delusion-of-grandeur attempt at commercially branding the only-periodically-sensical blatherings of a goofy guy. Not everything you read here will be absolutely true, but much of it will have a point of some sort or other. It may not be the way things really are or even the way I really feel. It may just be for a laugh...or a "hmmm..." or a groan.

With hopes that you'll join me in the journey...

No comments: