Friday, October 6, 2023

Boycotting the 417th Greatest Song of All Time

 

I have never heard the song that Rolling Stone named the 417th Greatest Song of All Time. I do not plan to ever hear it. I have not and will not do research on the lyric. I don't need to know anything more about it than what the magazine itself wrote:

With one song, N.W.A brought the battle between rappers and cops to a new level. On August 1st, 1989, the FBI sent a bulletin to the group's label denouncing this song. According to the bulletin, **** tha Police "encourages violence against, and disrespect for, the law enforcement officer." The publicity established N.W.A. as hip-hop's bad boys.

Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure. I am all in favor of freedom of speech and artistic expression and blah, blah, blah. But just because I believe they have a right to say it doesn't mean I'm obligated to hear it or celebrate it.

Enjoy this picture of a puppy instead.




No comments: