Friday, November 26, 2021

Observed Absurdities™ 52 - Toys That Trouble the Mind

 

Right off the bat, let me give a big thank you to B-Rad DontWingDuck for observing today's absurdity and bringing it to my attention just in time for Christmas shopping. It has given me much to ponder...well...at least enough to create a post.

For any vision-challenged members of the congregation, allow me to describe the picture I now set before you. It is a plastic bag with a low-grade cardboard seal, upon which are printed words declaring the contents of the bag to be an ACTION PLAYSET featuring Godzilla (King of the Monsters) vs. Jesus (King of the Jews). The contents of the bag are proudly listed as Godzilla™, Jesus™, and Military Figures.


The size of the military vehicles and infantry personnel, in comparison to Godzilla, appears to be fairly accurate. It makes Godzilla look big enough to wreak significant havoc in Tokyo.

However...

Because Jesus appears to be the same size as Godzilla, that would seem to indicate the Christ the Redeemer statue that overlooks Rio de Janeiro is actual size.


I have a few unresolved questions:

Who trademarked Jesus?

If Jesus and Godzilla are duking it out, which one feels the need to involve the U.S. Military?

What match-ups did Forked Tongue Toys reject before deciding Godzilla vs. Jesus was appropriate?

  • Mothra vs. Gandhi?
  • King Kong vs. Abraham Lincoln?
  • T Rex vs. Tom Hanks?

Forget trying to figure out cold fusion. Get me the answers to these questions so I can start sleeping soundly again!



No comments: