Friday, October 12, 2018

Observed Absurdities™ 41 - Does Disney Own EVERYTHING Now?


I was grocery shopping with Beloved the other day. (Translation: Beloved was shopping the other day and I was pushing the cart behind her and trying not to hit her heels.)

We successfully negotiated past the aisle-blocking displays of uniquely-shaped blobs of high-fructose corn syrup and arrived in the produce section. I was caught off guard by a particular brand of grapes, but managed to get this photo.



While I applaud the effort of the grape industry to entice preteen girls to add more fruit to their diets...I just don't get the connection. What is remotely grape-like about a Disney princess?

And really...do we want to associate any kind of foodstuff with an image of someone combing their hair with a fork?

No comments: