Friday, February 10, 2017

Acronyms Create Laughing Undertakers (ACLU)


One of the sandwich artists at my local Breadway Sandwich Shoppe recently gave me a chuckle when he had to ask what the "B" in BLT stood for.

But then I realized that I have been ordering the Italian BMT for years without knowing whether BMT stood for "Best Meat Today" or "Buy More Tacos".

At which point, as long-time readers might expect, my mind went on a free-association trip into the Twilight Zone...



  • FBI  -  Find Bullies Immediately
  • CIA  -  Can't Initiate Amore
  • YMCA  -  Your Mother Caresses Apes
  • SOB - Somewhat Obnoxious Brit
  • CPR - Canadian People Rock
  • PTA - Parents Terrorizing Academics
  • MRI - Men R Ignorant
  • ETA - Eternal Teenage Angst
  • FYI - Forget Youthful Inpetuousness
  • ATM - Access The Money
  • ETC - Expect Total Chaos
  • CBS - Cranky Bald Sissies
  • ABC - After Better Choices
  • NBC - Nice Big Checks
  • CNN - Cause Nobody's Nice
  • TLC - Talking Laughing Chewing
  • FML - Find More Licorice
  • LOL - Large Old Loser
  • HMO - Hundreds of Morticians Overjoyed
  • SMH - Sharting My Hanes



No comments: