Friday, April 15, 2016

The Grammar Police Strike Again!


Because I make my living by manipulating the English language, either through writing or reading aloud or speaking (see Getting the Message Across), I tend to think of myself as a bit of an expert. Everyone else tends to think of me as a snobbish Grammar Nazi, but I prefer the term Grammar Police...I'm really just trying to keep you from looking ignorant...or worse yet...stupid.



In an attempt to validate this exulted view of my language skills, I recently indulged in one of those online quizzes purporting to test your ability to distinguish between to, too, and two. Imagine my frustration when one of the multiple-choice questions failed to include a correct response...



And if you're thinking right now the answer is obviously the bottom choice, go do some research on mid-sentence capitalization.




No comments: