Friday, June 12, 2015

Observed Absurdities™ 19 - Uhhhh...No


It's true...I still find myself in a time of job transition...going from over seven years as a technical writer with the world's second-largest computer network to...well...whatever's next.

But here in the gap, I am employed part-time in the wonderful world of retail. Specifically, I am working at a Christian bookstore, to be referred to in these here parts as JesusWorld.

The books offered for sale at JesusWorld are arranged in several different sections: Christian Living, Devotional, Rumors and Hearsay, etc.

The book pictured in the following picture can be found in our "Current Issues" section.



I have at least two points to make about this:

1)  I suppose that 2012 is "current" in the year 2015...compared to the 2,000-year-old Bibles we sell.

2)  I'm thinking a person doesn't need to read this book in order to know the answer to its title's question is "No, it wasn't."

And an extra thought...anyone who would actually buy this book at this point should be flogged with something dull and pointless.

No comments: