Friday, September 6, 2013

Look Out, Mickey! Here They Come!


In an attempt to slake my readers' insatiable thirst for factual facts, I have recently begun following a few Twitter feeds purporting to tweet actual actualities of an unexpected and surprising nature.

I must say that I was definitely not expecting to read a particular post from UberFacts, and that it certainly surprised me...to the point of not really being convinced of its truthosity. Tell me what you think:

Every night after closing time, Disneyland releases over 200 feral cats to roam the park and keep the rodent population under control.

Are you KIDDING me?!!?



To my way of thinking (now there's a scary thought), this raises several questions:


  • Do they make sure the guy in the Mickey outfit is in the parking lot before The Hunt begins?
  • What happens to all those cats the next morning? Does Disney release 200 wild dingoes?
  • Just where does one go to procure 73,000 feral cats a year?
  • I'm assuming Disney keeps those cats hungry during the day so they'll be motivated to "keep the rodent population under control" at night. Is PETA okay with this?
  • Do you think they play music while this is going on? "WE let the cats out! Meow! Meow! Meow-meow!"

No comments: