Friday, August 16, 2013

Famous-ish Last Words


Probably too much weight has been placed upon what a person's final words on Planet Earth are...were...have been, but that won't stop me from quoting a few that I've found to be particularly fitting...funny...ironic (with thanks to the site, Brain Candy, for most of these).



P. T. Barnum: How were the receipts today at Madison Square Garden?

John Barrymore: Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him.

Lou Costello: That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.

Bing Crosby: That was a great game of golf, fellers.

Humphrey Bogart: I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.

Jack Daniels: One last drink, please.

Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian: I am about to - or I am going to - die: either expression is correct.

Oscar Wilde: Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.

Pancho Villa: Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.

General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, killed in battle during U.S. Civil War: They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--

No comments: