Friday, May 17, 2013

Like Sand Through the Hourglass...


I only had one real goal for my recent trip back to Indiana. Outside of visiting with my folks, FlatulenceKing and SweaterGal, the only thing on my to-do list was to drive the extra 70 miles it took to get to Anderson and have lunch at Skyline Chili.


I know, I know...it is a sick obsession and I need professional help. Talk to me about it when you stop needing coffee.

With that important pilgrimage completed, the only thing left for me to do was sit around the house listening to FlatulenceKing say "What?" and SweaterGal yell "Oh fer cryin' out---put your ears in!" So to pass the time, I decided I would learn how to play all 68 games in my iPad app, "Card Shark". I've had the app for a while now, and will play one of the games while I'm waiting in line at the post office or "resting" in the room of that name, but I had only used about half of the games available, so I wanted to broaden my horizons.


One of the features of this app is that it keeps statistics on each of the 68 games: how many times played, winning percentage, total time played...

Apparently, my favorite game is "Red and Black", with over 37 hours logged in, playing 358 games and winning 53.6% of the time. That time waste is bad enough, but what's really shocking is that, as of the writing of this post, I have been moving electronic playing cards around my iPad screen a total of 151 hours, 7 minutes, and 17 seconds. That's right...over six days of my life...forever gone.

And don't ask me how long it took just now to add up the 68 individual time logs.

No comments: