Friday, November 2, 2012

Here's My Number, So Call Me Earworm

There are a couple trivia challenges in this quarter's list of morning musical meanderings...songs that I'm pretty sure could only be swimming around in MY head.



AUGUST
1-15 – No sense trying to post individual days here. This period, I was awash in the songs of the 2012 edition of the Dakota Chautauqua, which ActorBoy and I performed in at the Dakota County (MN) Fair, August 6-12, 2012.
16 – Nothing Ever Changes (Larry Norman) Almost five bucks to any reader who can honestly say they ever heard of this song before now.
19 – Tragedy (Bee Gees)
23 – When the Saints Go Marching In
27 – Cantina Band Theme (Star Wars)

SEPTEMBER
4 – At Calvary
6 – I Don’t Know How to Love Him (Yvonne Elliman, Jesus Christ Superstar)
15 – Live For Today (Grass Roots)
19 – Billy Jean (Michael Jackson, sans pet chimp)
20 – Hokey Pokey
24 – The Battle of New Orleans (Johnny Horton) “And when we lit the powder off, the gator lost his mind…”
25 – Beautiful One (Jeremy Camp)
26 – The Things We Do For Love/The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) (10cc/Simon & Garfunkel)
27 – Dust in the Wind (Kansas)

OCTOBER
1 – Kiss On My List (Daryl Hall and John Oates) This one is absolutely insidious.
3 – How Great Thou Art
5 – Mademoiselle from Armentieres (Hinky Dinky Parley Vous)
6 – Authority Song – John Mellencamp
8 – Get Right or Get Left (Farrell & Farrell) Seriously…is there anyone among my readers that has ever heard this ancient “Jesus Music” song?
9 – Africa (Toto)
16 – Jesus is Coming Again (“May be morning, may be noon, may be evening, and may be soon”)
17 – Battle Hymn of the Republic
18 – Windy (The Association)
26 – Rub Some Bacon On It (Rhett & Link) I made the mistake of having Beloved watch the video of this last night. Now all I can hear in my head is the chorus, and all I can envision is Link’s dorky beach boy. Watch this if you dare!

No comments: