Friday, January 28, 2011

I Reserve the Right to Be Wrong, But...


According to my exhaustive research (i.e., reading an article by Daniel Gross, "Digging Out of that 'Big Hole'," in the January 31, 2011 issue of Newsweek), the Chief Executive of these United States of America (long may they wave) made a statement concerning the current economic situation that gives me pause.

To quote the article: In early January, [President Obama] said, "We've got a big hole that we're digging ourselves out of."

Now...I've never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box, the brightest bulb in the pack, nor the fuzziest peach on the tree, but it would seem to me to make an awful lot of sense to follow the advice of my dear grandpappy, Ol' Reliable (I don't recollect I've ever mentioned Ol' Reliable before):

When you find yourself in a hole...STOP DIGGING!



No comments: