Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving: Let there be Skyline Chili!


The recently-passed Thanksgiving weekend was positively swell for several reasons, not the least of which was seeing a great-niece be baptized with water from the Jordan River. (How cool is that?!!?) It was also far more glorious than grand to have all my siblings together for the first time in three years and indulge in an obscene amount of food.

But I must confess, with a slight bit of shame, that the most enjoyable repast of the weekend didn't happen at Clarence and Georgina's table, surrounded by children young and old. The best meal of all didn't consist of deep-fried turkey and sweet potato casserole. No, my friends, the food that found me smiling the broadest was enjoyed in the company of AngelFace and KayJay in a shiny vinyl booth at an eatery in Anderson, Indiana...72 miles from my folks' place.

Behold, if you will, the sumptuousness that is Skyline Chili:


For those who are fans of Skyline Chili, I apologize for making you drool while so close to a computer.

For those who are repulsed by Skyline Chili, may God have mercy on your soul.

No comments: