Friday, January 20, 2023

Observed Absurdities™ 59 - Egging Me On

 

I saw something while I was facing the store at my part-time job at FastStop that confused me.

First off, let me explain the term "facing the store". I know you might think it means standing outside in the parking lot and turning my attention to the building, but that just isn't correct.

Facing the store  -  v 1) In a retail establishment, turning items on the shelves so potential buyers can see them easily and so the store itself looks neat and orderly. 2) Looking busy for the manager without doing anything too strenuous...like cleaning.

Second off, let me admit that confusing me is not that hard of a task.

Anyway...there I was, straightening shelved items and looking for all the world like a contributing member of society, when I saw a food item that I had never noticed before.


"Omelet Rounds? What the farnsworth are Omelet Rounds?" I thought to myself.

Soon, the answer became apparent...which is not to say the answer gave birth or anything silly like that, it's just that when I looked more closely, it was easy to decipher what Omelet Rounds are. Simply put, they are pre-cooked English-muffin-sized circles of eggs, meat, and cheese.

What a convenient idea!

Then I started reading the label more closely.

Omelets with eggs  -  That's a little redundant, isn't it?
Egg whites  -  That's a little racist, isn't it?
Uncured bacon  -  And I didn't even know it was sick.
Sharp cheddar cheese  -  Need to be careful eating it so as not to cut myself.

But it was the brand name that really sent me back to the list of ingredients and start scratching my head in earnest: "Just Crack an Egg™"

If, as it says in the ingredient list, this product already includes eggs, why call it Just Crack an Egg™?

Am I right?!?


No comments: