Friday, July 5, 2019

Rolling Stone Magazine Has Gone Insane


I have proof that the editors of Rolling Stone have lost their collective grasp on reality.

How do I know this, you ask?



Observe the song they gave the admittedly-dubious honor of being the 486th greatest song of all time: "How Soon is Now?" by The Smiths.

Points against this choice:

1.  I had never even heard of this song before finding it on YouTube for this blog-post.

2.  Once I found it and listened to it, I immediately decided to NOT post a link to it in this blog-post.

3.  I also immediately wanted to pour acid in my ears before even taking the time to write this blog-post.

4.  A group called The Smiths that doesn't consist of family members by that name is signaling to us that they don't really care what you call them and they don't deserve a shout-out in this blog-post.

5.  This sample of the song's lyric:


There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry and you want to die

6.  I now have to go wash my hands...just because of typing those words into this blog-post.

7.  I rest my case.


No comments: